Monday, May 02, 2005

A whopper for a Whopper

London - May 2, 8PM @ Victoria Place
Called Tom's number again. Either I copied it down wrong, Klaus got it wrong, or Tom has changed his number, because I reached the voicemail of one Linda Smith.

Contingency planning has never been my strong suit; however, going with the flow and being able to adjust is a large part of what this trip is all about. The tourist information booths are closed now and the one person I've met is likely in his hotel room with his wife right now. Even if I could get in touch with him, I would choose not to interrupt their vacation. I'm not in that bad a position. I have a good chuck of pocket money, enough food and drink, as well as my wits to help me survive a couple nights in a foreign town by myself. Thankfully everybody speaks English (you have to love the accents!).

Speaking of food, a BK Whopper meal for £4.49? That's OVER $10 CAD! Good think I smuggled a bunch of the complementary drinks and munchies from the plane ride. Oh well, I'm off to find more food, bed, and maybe hit on some chicks with sexy British accents.

No comments: