Thursday, May 19, 2005

In Wein, Österreich

Location: Wien, Österreich (Vienna, Austria)
Local Time: 3:12pm

The Wombat does it again! Just like in München, the Wombat here in Wien put me up as the sole male in an otherwise all girl dorm. The three I met when I arrived last night were nice enough, but they were all leaving in the morning next morning. The other two ladies in my dorm I still haven't properly met, as they appear to be night owls, waking up at 6pm and crashing back at the room at around 5 in the morning.

Recapping a few things since my last update...

Location: München, Deutschland (Munich)
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights


Since my last update I went to Englisher Garden and watched some nude sunbathers, people surfing in a stream, and other people slamming back 1 litre steins of beer and bratwürst. Nice place. I picked up a souvenir from an unattentive dishwasher... a 1 litre souvenir!

If you're going to G's BBQ bash on June 4, you'll see me bringing it along.

I also took a trip to Füssen and visited Schlass Neuschwanstein, the partially completed castle of "mad" King Ludwig II in the late 1800's, and allegedly the inspiration for the Disney castle. Pictures were not allowed inside the castle, but (being the rebel that I am) I took some candid ones anyways. They didn't turn out so great, although a few were unintentionally quite nice from an artistic perspective... if I do say so myself.

Location: Passau, Deutschland
Duration: One night... and a bit


Passau was just supposed to be a transfer station on my way back to Austria. However, I met up with a few drunken German students (Germans, or at least the Germans I have met, are the nicest drunks in the world). Seeing as I had no place to sleep - I didn't think I would need one as my train was leaving at 4 in the morning - one of the girls offered her house to me.

I ended up delightfully missing my train in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:o Bruce you sly dawg...