Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Why don't I listen to my own preachings?

Don't you hate it when you say something to reject another's hypothesis, but on closer examination what you said actually supports them and makes their argument stronger?

What am I getting at? I'm trying to force new experiences into the mold of old ones. We are of our own mold. To try and force us into another is a fruitless endeavour. I'm sorry I keep trying to do this.

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it? But what if you want to repeat the past? Where's the implied problem there?

I shouldn't need to spell it out for you, but I will still outline it:

  • The variables are never all the same,
  • Unique opportunites are not leveraged,
  • Lack of growth
Quotes make people (me) sound smart.
"The most important revelation about the past stems from the realization that it is not important to try and get rid of it, but to realize that we are already, by definition, rid of it. We need not be convinced of the importance of living in the present, but instead realize that we inevitably live in the present, and the only thing to id is to face it. ... Whether we like it or not, we cannot escape the present. The only reality is now."
--George Lawrence-Ell (The Invisible Clock)

No comments: