Sunday, June 18, 2006

Week 24, 2006

"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire"
--Vocal opening from 'Your ex-lover is dead' by Stars
Quit imagining hidden innuendo in my quotes and posts. [hidden] It's hidden text you should be looking for! And you unformatted text RSS people are cheating. Yeah, I'm looking at you, K! And you too, S! [/hidden]

Items of note:
  • DS Lite lite baby (Seven grown men playing Nintendo... Awesome! We need an eigth!) [hidden] No. Just, no. No dual meaning or homoerotic innuendo was meant to be implied here. [/hidden]
  • So I married an axe murderer. [hidden] More 'a suddenly claustrophobically creepy I-want-to-have-your-babies crazy chick' than 'an axe murderer'. And more' I escaped from' instead of 'I married'. Yes, I could have handled it better, but she also could have been less psychotic about it. [/hidden]
  • Will I, won't I, will I? It's always all about me. [hidden] No, it's never about me. It's always about the other guy, isn't it? Sometimes I like being 'the other guy'. This isn't one of them [/hidden]
Quotes:
  • On a shirt I must get:
    S: I'm just not that into you.

  • On reading people like a book:
    B: No, you don't.
    N: No, I don't.

  • On damn you, Brain Age!
    R: Five times four is.... nine!
Contemplations:
  • If 'avoidance' is a theme in your aspirations, then you really don't have any aspirations... unless you're the type that says flying is really just falling and missing the ground.

  • If at first you don't succeed, try, try again? Sure. But if you still don't succeed, maybe it's time to rethink either your approach or your measure of success.

  • Are people afraid of rejection? Or are they afraid of acceptance because of the ensuing responsibility? [hidden] The answer I'm looking for, if you've been paying attention, is 'neither'. It shouldn't be about avoidance. [/hidden]

No comments: