Friday, January 27, 2006

Week 4, 2006

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
- Pablo Picasso

I drew a yellow spot today. I can't wait to see what it becomes.

Items of note:
  • Finally resumed salsa lessons.

  • Finally resumed cardio training.

  • Finally resumed strength training.

  • Finally got paid - my bank account just jumped up by a factor of 45!
    Finally I can afford lunch.
    (related note: Holy freaking taxes, Batman!)

  • Finally turned off the radio... wait... wait... no I didn't. I just cranked up the volume, baby! FREAK OUT! (C'est freak, c'est chique!)
Quotes:
  • On competitions:
    A: "So how's it going?"
    B: "Last I checked, I was in the lead."
    A: "So you think you're going to win?"
    B: "Honestly? After 10 days of not shaving, I don't think either of us will be walking away a winner."

    (And no, I am not planning on posting any pictures. The sexy ruggedness - or cheesy patchiness - is something that can only be experienced in person.)

  • On causes of memory loss:
    K: "Maybe she slipped something in your drink (wink, wink)"
    B: "Oh, I hate people who do that. Especially when they don't have to!"

  • On SHIT THAT ISN'T YOURS, YOU FUCKTART!:
    B: "Have you seen my Stoli?"
    H: "It's over there on the counter."
    B: "Why is it filled with garlic?"
    H: "I'm making a tincture. It's supposed to lower your father's cholesterol and blood pressure."
    B: "Let me rephrase... why is there garlic in MY BOTTLE OF STOLI?!"

  • On money, money, money, money... MONEY!
    B: "Check out this fat paycheque!"
    C: "Nice. But dude, that's your pre-tax gross earnings. THIS line shows your actual net earnings."
    B: ". . . wtf, I got raped!"
Contemplations:
  • I think I know who's jacket it is. It should have went in the showbox.

  • I'm really starting to get annoyed by "an"'s and "am"'s.
    (stop mocking me you near-rhyme grammar particles!)
    I do, however, still appeciate a good can of spam.
    (mmm... canned spam...)

  • I liked it better when I didn't earn enough to have to pay any income tax.

  • I keep the promises I make. Just not the ones I make to myself. (I haven't been kicking ass in the right places)

  • I, I, I, I, I.

No comments: