Monday, January 02, 2006

It's All About Me

"Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure."
-- Thomas Edison (1847 - 1931)

If I'm only mostly satisfied, does it mean that I'm only mostly a failure?

I have said that I am mostly satisfied with the path and direction of my life. Really, I think I have actually just been complacent; dispassioned even.

“If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength”
-- François de la Rochefoucauld (1613-1680)

At first, my new year's resolution was to "be content". On further contemplation, I thought of making my resolution instead to "be discontent". Now, I have decided to make my resolution to "be passionate".

What is my passion?

Gin? Don't be ridiculous... wait... is it?

No comments: