Monday, January 09, 2006

Stuck in a rut

I'm going to stop drinking.

What the heck for?

When my mind isn't occupied with thoughts of gin, it's daiquiri...

Frozen daiquiri or the original?

Original, don't dig the ice all that much. But that's besides the point. The point is that this line of thinking isn't healthy.

Denying yourself what you want isn't healthy, you know.

I can't have it anymore.

Why not?

It's complicated.

Try me.

Let's just say it involves bouts of gut wrenching and self loathing.

I thought you were pretty good with your alcohol.

I thought so too.

And you're usually a pretty happy drunk aren't you?

Yeah, I suppose.

So what happenned?

Things change.

Everything changes.

Some not quickly enough.

... what are we talking about again?

(Local time in Toronto, 11:58pm)

No comments: