Friday, February 24, 2006

Week 7 & 8, 2006

Current Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Local Time: 10:50am


Items of note:

  • London, Ontario:
    • Oh Black people. Hahaha.

    • I disgust myself sometimes. If you only knew.

    • Food, food, food, food...
  • Last week in Vancouver

    • Said goodbye to Bobo. The teeter-totter of jealousy has teetered; how long before it totters?

    • Read "When Heaven and Earth Changed Places" then read Tina's email from Tanzania. Conclusion: I'm lucky.

    • Spas, moisterizer, chap stick, pink shirts, and help shop for tampons. What of it? Wanna fight?

    • Pet peave: broken implied promises. It's not breaking the implied promise that annoys me, I'm more frustrated at myself for assuming there's an implied promise. Sometimes I think I should stop believing in people.

    • I begin to wonder "What if I never come back?" For the most part I think I would love it... for the most part, since I would have two regrets. I wanted to address them both before I left. Instead, I talked of one and tried to push the other out of mind.
  • In Belfast:
    • So 2 Sundays ago I got on a plane to Ontario.
      A few days later as I adjust to the time zone,
      I hop on a plane half way across the country to Vancouver.
      A few days later as I adjust to the time zone,
      I hop on a plane half way across the globe to Belfast.

      In a span of 10 days, I’ve drank more coffee than I have in my entire life.

    • There’s a heated debate in Britain about adopting the metric system over the imperial system. What the fuck?

      One person argued that you wouldn’t go to France and say you can’t have baguettes anymore. W... T... F?

    • Fire alarms in either middle of the night or early in the morning equally suck.

  • Movie reviews from high in the sky:The flight was horrid. Dude next to me smelled like fart. I’ve seen a handful of movies on planes.

    • Elizabethtown
      Awful. Orlando Bloom has no substance to him. I haven’t liked him in any of his movies that I’ve seen. Also, I have a really hard time finding Kirsten Dunst to be attractive. And what’s with that camera clicking motion her character has? Is it supposed to be cute? There’s a fine line between cute and annoying. They should totally kill her off in the next Spiderman movie.

    • Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride
      Art direction was nice overall, especially the world of the dead. I found the musical numbers to be uninspired and the plot pacing and narrative to be both jarring and plodding at times. Johnny Depp is still awesome.

    • Shakespeare in Love
      I liked this movie. It’s a unique fictional take on the development of Romeo and Juliet… or Romeo and Ethel and the Pirate King as in its apparent originally intended state. The Queen Victoria scenes stole the show.
Quotes:
  • On travel beginnings:
    C:"I'm in a new town, expenses paid.
    I'm surrounded by good people.
    I'm surrounded by good food.
    I'm actually learning something.
    . . .
    I'm feeling like shit right now and hiding in my room
    (okay... maybe not so funny to some)"

    B:"why....?
    shit?
    puking?
    or girl stalking you?
    drunk as hell?"

    C: "all of the above?"

  • On wink, wink, nudge, nudge:
    "So what are YOU gonna do about it?"

  • On other unholy connections:
    "My personality is like spinach because..."

  • On 'no dude, it doesn't work that way':
    "So you'll have the double whammy!"