Monday, February 13, 2006

Week 6, 2006

Items of note:

  • Getting the karaoke itch. Damn you coughing illness! Damn you to hell!

  • I thought my finances looked a little funny.
    I looked over my last couple credit card bills in more detail.
    I pored over my last couple automatic cell phone bill payments.
    Conclusion? Aww, fucknuts.

  • Paper does not burn clean. The charred, blackened remains leave stains you won't notice at first - but sure as Shirley, they are there. Damned smudges. They're everywhere.
    (Don't you dare make Lady Macbeth allusions!)


  • I've have the same handful of recurring dreams for years now. (Spiders, pearl and straw teeth, ninja hijinks, single parenting, and that one where you're running but your legs have no strength and your slowing down because your body is gradually turning into a mush of delicious blueberry jello.)

    Anyways, add another recurring dream to the list. There's this thing I'm trying to pull closer, but instead I'm pushing it away. For some reason I think the more I push, the closer I'll get. But alas, a push is a push is a push. I miss you so damn much. I think about you all the time, no matter who I'm with. It's unhealthy. It's unfair. Somebody make me stop.

  • If I go to France... does that mean I have to wear a beret?
    No?
    Well... can I wear one anyways?
    (I'll talk more about this later)

  • Brother's engagement party; fun. Build-up; annoying.

Quotes:
  • On disgruntling real-world experiences:
    C: "hah, so can we gauge future career success in children by their ability to colour within the lines and connect the dots in order? cause that's what i feel like i'm doing"

  • On interrupted sentences:
    B: "I'm going to London (cough) (cough) (hack)..."
    X: "SWEET!"
    B: "(cough)... Ontario."
    X: "Oh."

  • On things that never are:
    "It's not the same."

  • On cutting insight:
    I: "u must be pretty good at picking up girls... but bad at keeping them"
    B: "Is that what you really think of me?"
    I: "I'm half joking"
    B: "Only half?!"

    Yeah, I'm not that great at picking up girls either, haha.

No comments: