Monday, April 11, 2005

It's about perspective

I've discovered the readership of this blog is larger than I had thought, unknowingly caused by my own actions. I guess this means that I will start putting more time and effort into each post. Yes, maybe even enough time to write short posts instead of long ones.

*****

Watched an episode of Angel (Season 2, Episode 6: "Guise Will Be Guise") where he meets with a Swami in order to learn a bit about himself and heal some psychological wounds. Turns out the Swami was a fake, but the false wisdom imparted still had a good deal of merit. With controversy revolving around the validity of religion (**cough**Mormon**cough**) and other beliefs, perhaps what's more important than the validity of the source is what you can learn from it. A glib response may be "so the end justifies the means?" Well, no. It doesn't. And I'm not trying to imply that. What I'm trying to say is you can find value in any and everything, it's all about perspective.

To unilaterally dismiss an entire argument due to one particular attribute is foolish. It's not all or nothing, black or white, good or evil. At least, not necessarily. There can be shades of grey, shades of brown, or even a rainbow of colour (or texture! Texture is the new colour, don't you know); it all depends on your perspective.

No comments: