Monday, April 17, 2006

Apparent contradictions

Yes, I said I didn't like Napolean Dynamite that much because I didn't appreciate the fact that "a lot of the humour seemed forced and as like it's making fun of the pathetic and socially inept," which apparently contradicts my prior actions.

First off, where do you get off comparing the hard of hearing to the pathetic and socially inept? (Hooray for changes of subject and boomerang attacks!)

Secondly, note the use of "forced" in my wording. Napolean Dynamite seemed to go out of its way to say, "hey, look how funny I am" whereas the sign language interpreter was hilariously funny unintentionally.

This might lead one to say that I have a sadistic streak that enjoys laughing at the misfortunes of real people.

I say it's just that I have a knack of finding the humour in real life situations.

I'm special like that.

(Yes, now I'm going out of my way... but let's not turn this post into an analysis of self-deprecation)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nick knack patty whack, give a dog a boneeeeeeeee,
this old man came rolling homeeeeeeeee.

bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are are not some cynical donkey for laughing at real pain...ho ho i see the funny factors in them too.

....yanoe what? this is retarded and random, but remember when we were at karaoke howver long ago it was...and that dam lemon tree song had the cracking-glass bit and it was funny at the time? well, every time i hear the song (and that part) i laugh like a creepy hobo with secrets.

=(. dam cracking glass.