Friday, March 03, 2006

Pretty pretty pictures

Location - Belfast, Northern Ireland
Local Time - 4:05pm

Some people wanted pictures. While I haven't been in a picture taking mood, here's a few. Pictures follow the captions.

Next time somebody tells you that you don't know how to park, tell them you learned to park in Ireland. (Seems like you can park in any direction you like, and ON the sidewalk is better than OFF the sidewalk as the streets are so narrow)


Outside of the empire club. Tuesday night comedy nights draws a huge crowd from the local university. Went there with co-workers Bob and Sahill. It was snowing like crazy. Sandra, Carol, and 3 rounds of Guinness kept us warm through the night... until the ladies ditched us to meet up with some of their guy friends.

Oh well, we still had another round of Guiness coming to drown our sorrows in.


I like the crayon-like snail crossing. Looked like it was part of Queens University of Belfast... the child-care centre maybe? Didn't look too closely.


City hall. A block away from my hotel (Holiday Inn) and right dab smack in the shopping district.



Story time #1:

In efforts to kill some time before dinner, a co-worker and me hit the mall.

As I walk inside, this red-headed lady tells me that right now, everything in the store is 20% until 9pm. I thank her for this information. She then asks if I'd like a free drink? I say that would be great. She then asks,

Would you like some orange juice or a beer?
So there I was, drinking a free beer inside the mall. I made it a tourist moment and had the red-head take our picture. Maybe I should have taken a picture with the red-headed lady that actually gave me a beer... but despite being red-headed, she wasn't that hot.



Story time #2
I have nothing against sign language or the deaf. However, I can't help but laugh when I watch sign-language-closed-captioning that is offered for certain programs on television here in Ireland.

I'm not laughing at the hard of hearing. I'm laughing with them! Check out the video below.



It's as if the dude translating into sign language is some hilarious jerk-off who is making fun of the speakers. It's awesome for all the wrong reasons.

No comments: