Saturday, March 25, 2006

Resolving unresolveds

I'm back in Vancouver. (The answer's still "No")
Forced myself to stay awake until 11pm (7am GMT) (I'm not going to start this with you again)
Then I slept for 8 hours and woke up feeling refreshed. (You're cut off. For reals this time.)
(whenever I type "woke" i end up typing "work"... i suppose the two have been ingrained irrevocably together in my mind...)
But I still don't want to write anything... so here's a blog entry that I wrote 2 weeks ago but clicked the wrong button so it was never posted:

Location: Belfast, Ireland
Date: Saturday March 10
Local Time: 1:08am

I forget what week number this is. Instead of figuring it out, let's just call it Week Guinness!

Note the first:
Yes, I do have news. No, I'm still not sharing (on this blog).

Note the second:
Yes, my goatee is real.

Note the third:
Even halfway around the world I can't get away from your shit. I've moved on, get over it.

Lesson the first:
Don't trust your eyes. It may look sunny outside your hotel room, but by the time you leave, it'll be pouring rain. (Darned crazy weather patterns... experience all four seasons in a day!)

Lesson the second:
Do laundry frequently. You go through alot more clothes when people are allowed to smoke in public places such as clubs, bars, and restaurants. (Forgot how much that sweet, sweet, delicious smell penetrates your clothing and hair)

Lesson the third:
Remember to tell everybody you bring to your room about the automatic mini bar. Move anything off the sensors and you're automatically billed. (Called reception and got it reversed, but it's still just a hassle to do that)

Story the first:
Sat in a bar drinking a harp. Girl walks up, sits on my knee and starts grinding.

Story the second:
Danced in a bar, I make eye contact, she gives me a look, whispers in her friend's ear, points, and giggles.

It's not an "ooh, exotic asian guy" moment. It's a "wtf is an asian guy doing here" moment.

I sometimes forget that I'm not White.

Story the third:
Friday the 10th... best work day yet. Productive and felt important and useful for the first time since I've joined IBM.

No comments: