Friday, December 10, 2004

Culture Club

I'm missing me some hockey... bad.

I didn't even realise it that much until I saw a replay of the classic 1994 Canucks VS Flames game 7 playoff game on TSN the other day. Seeing the Bure, Ronning, McLean, and even Babych and Momesso all wearing those ugly jerseys (although they are better than the horrid hallowe'en ones) almost brought a tear to my eye and made me aware of an emptyness inside.

I tuned in halfway through the third and was under the impression that TSN was showing the game in it's entirety. As the period came to a close, I went to the kitchen to fix a snack, fully expecting another 20 minutes of play before the climactic second overtime period began. A few minutes later, a cry from the television alerted me to the fact that TSN had decided to skip showing the first overtime period and jump straight to the second.

That's right, I missed both "The Save" and "The Goal". Why must the hockey gods mock me!

I linked to the play-by-play, but they're real media audio files. Sorry about that. But if you're like me and don't want to download realplayer you can still use Real Alternative to listen to them and relive the moment.

Words are few I have spoken
I could waste a thousand years
Wrapped in sorrow words are token
Come inside and catch my tears
Do you really want to hurt me?
Do you really want to make me cry?
Do you really want to hurt me? (click me)

No comments: