Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Car Rocking

It's been awhile since I've driven myself around, having instead relied on the public limo service that came with my u-pass. I almost forgot how cathartic rocking out in my car could be.

As I left my house, The Beat was playing that Sir Mix-a-lot classic, Baby Got Back. Naturally I started drumming to the beat and singing along; after all, I like big butts and I cannot lie. I then popped one of my CD and started dancing to R Kelly's Home Alone and Wyclef's Gone 'till November (remix); dancing only when my car was stopped, of course. I'm not one to prmote reckless driving.

I was feeling pretty energenic until I got to school. I've been feeling rather lethargic lately and I think I've figured out why; staring at PDF documents is my kryptonite. While I figure I'd have a blast being Superman, taking on the role of mild-mannered reporter, Clark Kent? Spare me my eyes!

On my way home, I found an old Bon Jovi CD in the car and rocked out to Living on a Prayer and Someday I'll Be Saturday Night. It's been so long since I had given that CD a go, I almost forgot how much Bon Jovi rocks. While I like me some hip-hop to groove to, deep down I need my pop-rock/metal/punk; they're just more fun to sing to. Plus, they're generally more head-banging friendly :D

Ooh, now I'm wishing I had my Queen CD so I could rock out to a little Bohemian Rhapsody.

I haven't had enough chances to rock out or dance in my car lately. The weird stares from pedestrians, soccer moms with packed mini-vans, and tired businessmen in their volvos detracts a little from this activity, but everynow and then I meet eyes with a fellow car dancer across a red light. That's enough to bring a smile to my face for days.

Especially if she's hot.

No comments: