Thursday, October 06, 2005

Add ice to salsa and a dash of vagueness

So after years of talk, I finally had my first salsa lesson from Karen last night. Had fun. Doing it again.

The goal? Eventually rid my inhibitions and work my way up to the hip-hugging goodness of bachata.

Art galleries, orchestras, and dancing... what's happening to me?

In other news, CANUCKS WON THEIR SEASON OPENER BABY!

[ahem]

In yet other news, I wrote a short essay on confusion that arises from attempts of subtlety. Then I deleted it. I decided that aside from the stated message of differing interpretations necessitating clarity in communication, my ulterior message was, ironically, too subtle.

So in plain language I'll say it.

Only a part of me doesn't want to lose.

(Irony!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce!

Thanks for your insightful comment on my blog. E.g. I probably should have completed the circle in terms of what happens to our souls once we leave Earth - as you mentioned it wouldn't be fair if Bhudda's soul was treated the same as a serial killer's in the afterlife.

I didn't really speak on this. Perhaps in another entry I shall dwell on the afterlife and the implications of our actions on Earth.

In regards to the macro view, I can't help but view it to be somewhat FAIR. I mean, humans make their decisions - more often than not, they make decisions that further their own benefit. When you consider this on a macro level, it means that there will certainly be unequal distribution of power - which may indeed be in the form of a dictatorship. Of course, on the reverse side of things we also know that a democracy (or the closest thing we have to one) is also possible with the right leadership and support.

I suppose FAIRness really is a matter or perspective. I do not think there is only one absolute definition of what is FAIR and what is not. I suppose this is why Justice and the Law often seems to but heads against what we believe is morally right.

PS: How/When did you start learning with Karen? Sounds like fun!! =)